- 500 g diced reindeer or venison (for stewing)
- 2 onions
- 100 g mushrooms
- 2 tsp butter
- 200 ml water
- 1 tsp bouillon paste (beef or game)
- 100 g TINE Ekte Geitost, grated
- 300 ml light crème fraîche
- a pinch of salt
- 0,5 tsp ground pepper
- 8 juniper berries
- 100 g cranberries
- 1 sprig rosemary, chopped
Chop the onions and mushrooms and brown in butter. Once browned, seal the reindeer or venison. Add the water, bouillon paste and TINE Ekte Geitost and leave to simmer for 10 minutes. Add the crème fraîche and bring to simmering point. Check for seasoning, adding salt and pepper to taste, followed by the juniper berries. Then add the cranberries as their sharpness lifts the dish. Continue simmering until the meat is tender. Stir in chopped rosemary just before serving.
Serve with mashed potatoes or wholegrain rice.